This course analyzes the key factors associated with successful product and service innovations and looks at ways to approach creating products that redefine markets or create new ones. This course is a synthesis of marketing, strategic marketing, strategy and total quality management concepts.
- Explain the theoretical basis of new product development
- Identify product opportunity gaps which can lead to business opportunities
- Interpret the “fuzzy front end” of the new product development process as discussed in case studies and news articles
- Review the roles and duties of the members of the new product development team
- Design products which incorporate the needs, wants and desires of customers and consumers