This course provides a comprehensive, graduate level exploration of managerial accounting skills. The course focuses on the use of accounting data in the management of an organization. Naturally, what accounting data is interesting and how it might be used depends on what the manager is seeking to accomplish and what other information is available.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Gain an appreciation for the uses of managerial accounting information in a work environment.
- See the relevance of managerial accounting information to your employer.
- Obtain and learn to use simple and complex Management Accounting techniques for future use in your career.
- Use problem solving and critical thinking skills by presenting and defending your solutions to your co-students.
- Identify relevant facts and managerial accounting practices for use in work situations.