In today’s global village being a competent communicator is essential. This course will specifically focus on the way you perceive, talk and listen to others, and what errors are possible when communicating across cultures. The course focuses on communication and cultural theories, principles and practical skills that are necessary for becoming effective communicators in both personal and work environments.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of basic communication theories and their application in everyday communication
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of cultural theories and their impact on the communication process
- Improve their own cultural self-awareness in order to communicate more effectively across cultures, and take responsibility for their own actions, decisions and consequences
- Develop critical thinking skills to anticipate and resolve cross cultural communication problems
- Show respect for the diverse opinions, values, belief systems and contributions of others
- To interact with others in groups or teams in ways that contribute to effective working relationships and the achievement of goals