Dr. Michael Gerlich, Ph.D., MBA (University of Cambridge) is an Advancement and External Relations Manager for our Executive Education portfolio and Senior Lecturer at SBS.
Besides, his responsibility to advise potential students on Executive Education courses, he teaches several business and management courses in both, our MBA and Bachelor programs. Besides his teaching activities he supervises DBA students.
Furthermore, during the past 25 years, he has worked as an adviser to the President and the Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan, the Cabinet of Ministers in Uzbekistan and various Ministers for economic affairs in Azerbaijan, in addition to holding leading positions within GIZ / KfW (the German Development Bank) and the International Finance Corporation.
- Consumer Behaviour
- Social Media Marketing
- Big Data Analytics in Social Media
- Change Management
- Elite Studies
- Changes in Society
- How Elite Configurations Explain Shifts from Democracy to Authoritarian or Totalitarian Regimes: Turkey as a Case Study, Gerlich, M. (2021). Open Journal of Political Science, 11, 273-300. DOI: 10.4236/ojps.2021.112019.
- COVID-19 Induced Changes in Consumer Behavior, Gerlich, M. (2021). Open Journal of Business and Management, 9, 2425-2451. doi:10.4236/ojbm.2021.95131
- Micro-influencer marketing during the COVID-19 pandemic: New vistas or the end of an era?, Gerlich, M. (2022). Journal of Digital & Social Media Marketing, 9 No. 4, 337-353. (Scopus)
- Gerlich, Michael. 2022. “Why Do Western Change Management Approaches Not Work in Societies with High Power Distance?: A Case Study of Azerbaijan.” The International Journal of Organizational Diversity 23 (1): 21-42. doi:10.18848/2328-6261/CGP/v23i01/21-42.
Conferences & Presentations
- Speaker: Anthropological theory and methods for the study of political elites, ESRC DTP Conference on Interdisciplinarity, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, Oct 2019
- Speaker and Panellist: Potentials in Business, Agriculture and Tourism, German-Azerbaijani Business Dialogue organised by German Parliament in Cooperation with the Azerbaijani Minister of Economy, Berlin, Nov 2018
- Speaker and Panellist: The necessity of economic diversification, French Azerbaijani Business Forum organised by Business France in cooperation with The European Azerbaijan Society (TEAS), Paris, May 2015
- Keynote Speaker: Limitations and advances for the Uzbek export economy, Export Forum organised by the Uzbek Cabinet of Ministers, Tashkent, Apr 2002
- Keynote Speaker: Potentials of economic cooperation in Central Asia, Conference on Central Asian Economic Cooperation organised by the Administration of the Kyrgyz President, Bishkek, Feb 1999
Academic Journal Reviewer
- Social Sciences, Soc. Sci., EISSN 2076-0760, Published by MDPI, Basel, Switzerland (Scopus Q2)
- Societies, Societies, EISSN 2075-4698, Published by MDPI, Basel, Switzerland (Scopus Q2)
- Administrative Sciences, Adm. Sci., EISSN 2076-3387, Published by MDPI, Basel, Switzerland (Scopus Q2)
- Sustainability, Sustainability, EISSN 2071-1050, Published by MDPI, Basel, Switzerland (Scopus Q1)
- International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, ISSN: 1660-4601, Published by MDPI, Basel, Switzerland (Scopus Q1)
Academic and Professional Qualification
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), ARU, Cambridge, UK, 2022
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), JBS, Cambridge, UK, 2018
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), PWU (now CMU), Los Angeles, USA, 1993
- Diplom-Betriebswirt (MA – Business Management), Trier, Germany, 1993
- Certificate in Transformational Leadership, JBS, University of Cambridge, UK, 2016
- Certificate in Strategic Performance Management, JBS, University of Cambridge, UK, 2012
- ICC-Certified Master Coach, Behavioral Coaching Institute, New York, USA, 2012
- Certified Auditing Assistant, Chamber of Auditors, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany, 1991
- Certified Banker, Bayerische Hypotheken und Wechselbank, Munich, Germany, 1988