The SBS Swiss Business School Master of Science (MSc) in International Business is a full-time, two-year, 90-ECTS program, which provides an in-depth examination of global business issues ranging from economics to cross-cultural leadership. The language of instruction is English.
The SBS Swiss Business School MSc in International Business is a direct-entry program requiring no previous professional or work experience. We utilize an innovative approach to team-based learning as we strongly believe that this approach reflects today’s progressive workplace. The SBS Swiss Business School’s MSc in International Business is the program that will open the door to the international career opportunities that you have dreamed of by allowing you to understand, create and manage sustainable trans-national business strategies, join an international student body, and by preparing you for the world of global business.
Aside from the regular in-class sessions and coursework, SBS Swiss Business School also arranges, for its students, value-added activities including CV Writing and HR Workshops, Guest Speakers, Language Lessons, Company Visits, career opportunities, and more. Students benefit from these activities by learning more about industries, companies and business practices that are involved in these events, and through extending their networks and realizing opportunities that are in line with their career goals.
The SBS Swiss Business School's MSc in International Business is divided into 2 parts: In the first year, students will complete the academic courses and studies over 4 terms of 11 weeks each. This period concludes with the submission and defense of a thesis in front of a panel jury. Students are encouraged to choose a business-related subject linked to their prospective career. This project is mentored by an SBS Swiss Business School approved supervisor or instructor. The second year of the program is for professional experience, this may take the form of an internship or employment in the workplace, either in Switzerland or abroad. The expected period of professional experience may be from 9 to 12 months. During this time, as a student you will have the opportunity to apply in the workplace, lessons learned in the classroom. This period culminates in a report, outlining your experiences and detailing the lessons learned during this time.
Students who successfully complete the academic and professional experience requirements will be awarded the degree of Master of Science in International Business from the SBS Swiss Business School.
- Design sustainable transnational business strategies
- Join an international student body
- Be prepared for the global business world
Work experience is not compulsory. Students from all backgrounds are welcome to apply.
Students are encouraged to choose a subject linked to their future career. The project is conducted under the supervision of a lecturer.
- MEC 500 - Global Economics and Trade
- MAC 510 - International Accounting and FSA
- MMM 500 - Marketing Management
- MOB 502 - Sustainable Leadership and Organizations
- MCN 520 - Cross-Cultural Communication
- MFI 540 - Corporate Finance
- MET 590 - Entrepreneurship and Innnovation
- MHR 530 - Human Resource Management
- MDM 550 - Digital Marketing
- MBU 591 - Legal Environment of Business
- MSN 500 - Strategic Management
- MMS 592 - E-Business
- THE 700 - Research Methods in Management (4 ECTS)
- MBG 601 - International Business Project and Business Game (9 ECTS)
- THE 755 - Independent Research Project (18 ECTS)
Students who don't speak German, can follow German language classes.
The second year of the program is dedicated to do an internship or full-time employment in Switzerland or abroad.
How to Apply
Interested in the Master of Science in International Business at SBS Swiss Business School?
(Note: only online applicants are considered)
Applicants must provide the following documentation:
- Completed and duly signed application form
- Complete curriculum vitae (CV)
- Certified copy of bachelor’s degree
- Official academic transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, or equivalent)
- Two reference letters (professional or academic)
- Non-refundable application fee of chf 150. -
- One high-resolution picture (passport photo style) in .JPG, .PNG, or .GIF format
|Application fee||CHF 150.-|
|Payment upon acceptance*||CHF 3‘500.-|
|Per Term (4 Terms)||CHF 6'500.-|
|Total tuition fees||CHF 29‘650.-|
*Part of the program tuition fees. Only refundable in case of Student Visa rejection by the Swiss Immigration Authorities
These prices are valid from 01.05.2017