Our Master of Science in Health Care Management Program uniquely combines business teaching with applied research. It equips you with skills and knowledge for a management career in the global health care sector.
The adult learner is self-directed. We strongly believe in a work-applied learning approach for this educational program. Knowledge and skills learned should be applied at the workplace.
- Practical - oriented
- Global perspective
- International, diverse student body
Motivated candidates should have a recognized Bachelor’s degree and have at least 2 years of work experience in the health care sector. The program is conducted in English, therefore English language proficiency is a must.
Students must write an individual thesis on a subject that is related to the health care industry. The project is conducted under the supervision of a lecturer and must be presented to the academic jury.
- MGT 598 Management of Care Processes (5 ECTS)
- MOB 502 Sustainable Leadership and Organizations (5 ECTS)
- FIN 534 Financial Management for Hospitals (5 ECTS)
- MOP 552 Health Service Operations Management (5 ECTS)
- ECO 541 Health Economics (5 ECTS)
- MMM 598 HC Marketing (5 ECTS)
- MPP 544 Project and Change Management (5 ECTS)
- MHR 535 Human Resource Management in HCO (5 ECTS)
- MSN 501 Strategic Management in HCO (5 ECTS)
- MQQ 553 Quality & Risk Management (5 ECTS)
- MIS 542 Informatics in Health Care (5 ECTS)
- MBL 566 International Health Law (5 ECTS)
- THE 700 Research Methods (5 ECTS)
- THE 755 Individual Thesis Project (15 ECTS)
All our courses are assessed by final assignments/exams.
How to ApplyApply Online
(Note: only online applicants are considered)
Applicants must provide the following documentation:
- Completed and duly signed application form
- Complete curriculum vitae (CV)
- Certified copy of bachelor’s degree
- Official academic transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, or equivalent)
- Two reference letters (professional or academic)
- Non-refundable application fee of chf 150. -
- One high-resolution picture (passport photo style) in .JPG, .PNG, or .GIF format