In this course, students will learn the concepts, terminology, principles, theory and issues that are the substance of the practice of management. Supplementary information concerning European-specific management issues round out the course. Skills from this course will be used in the Strategy course in Term III.
- Explain the history of management thought.
- Discuss the four functions of management: planning, organizing, leading and controlling.
- Identify the roles of leadership in business.
- Discuss the strategy planning cycle.
- Recognize the elements of the communication process in leadership and building organizational culture.
- Discuss change management and its effect on organizational culture.
- Discuss business ethics and the manager’s role in developing sustainable businesses.