This course will enable students to develop short and long-range plans to effectively accomplish organizational goals. Through the use of terminology, exercises and case studies, students will be able to give a critical appraisal of real life situations involving organizing, staffing and motivating others. The student will also learn tools to aid in problem solving, valuing diversity and coping with change.
- Explain the evolving role of strategic HRM in today’s organizations
- Become aware of how the changing nature of work provides an opportunity for management
- Examine the processes of staffing within the framework of Strategic HRM
- Appreciate the HRD activities for people at all levels of the organization
- Understand performance management
- Appreciate the compensation and benefits processes in a SHRM organization
- Understand international HRM